Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Alwyn Cosgrove

I just got finished reading a new article on Alwyn's blog called:

Project Management - the future of personal training?

Very insightful stuff. I've talked to Alwyn about what he discussed in the article before and I think he's right on track. You can check out this article (guaranteed to make you think) at:

http://www.alwyncosgrove.blogspot.com

While I'm mentioning Alwyn, I've got to tell you - yesterday was like Christmas morning for me.

My new copy of his Program Design Manual arrived.

If you've read some of my previous posts you might know that we had a flood here in senic Elizabethtown a couple of weeks ago. I happened to be in Florida at the time so I couldn't rescue anything that might have gotten damaged. I mentioned that my now deceased lawn tractor washed away. Most of the stuff in the yard suffered the same fate. We also experienced some flooding in the basement - where I had temporarily set up my home office while we were doing some renovations upstairs.

Not good.

Being the information junkie I am, I had volumes of books, manuals, etc. downstairs. Any of it that was within a foot of the ground...Ruined.

Shit.

I was upset about the tractor. I was upset about some of the books and things in the yard.

I was traumatized about the Program Design Manual.

If you have a copy, you understand.

Having a systematic approach to running every aspect of our businesses is something I'm pretty anal about. We systematize everything including taking the trash out.

Did I mention I'm anal.

When it comes to delivering consistent results to our clients, the Program Design Manual is the equivalent of our Bible. We based our own program templates on what Alwyn put together. It's kind of like my "training security blanket." If I want a new staff member to understand the right way to deliver results - I hand them the Manual.

So needless to say, I immediately contacted Alwyn to get a new copy ASAP. It arrived yesterday.

Like I said...a kid on Christmas morning :)

If you don't have a copy yet, you need to get one YESTERDAY! You can find it here:

http://www.fitnessconsultinggroup.com/cosgrove.html

It's quite possibly the most valuable resource a fitness professional can own.

And you can experience Christmas in October :)