Tuesday, July 25, 2006

What Are You Reading?

I'm something of a "bookaholic" and noticed Bill Hartman had a great post about the value of reading the other day so I figured I'd share what I've recently read, what I'm currently reading and what's next on my reading list.

First, you need to know that I typically read about 2-3 books at a time. Typically I'm working between something that is an easy read like a No B.S. Book by Dan Kennedy and something that requires a little more focus. Here's what I've recently read:

All Five of Dan Kennedy's No B.S. Books:

No B.S. Wealth Attraction For entrepreneurs

No B.S. Direct Marketing For Non-Direct Marketing Businesses

No B.S. Time Management For entrepreneurs

No B.S. Sales Success

No B.S. Business Success

I've probably read each of them 3 times but always seem to find something new that I can apply to our business. As you can probably tell - I'm a big Dan Kennedy fan. My CD collection deserves a post of it's own, but DK makes up a big chunk of it.

Two great books by Mark Joyner:

The Irresistible Offer : How to Sell Your Product or Service in 3 Seconds or Less

The Great Formula

Mrk Joyner is a genius. If you want to get better at marketing online of offline, check these books out.

Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make Competition Irrelevant by W. Chan Kim and Renae Mauborgne - Kind of dry but definitely thought provoking.

Attractor Factor by Joe Vitale - Joe is awesome. If you're ready to start manifesting wealth and abundance into your life, check this and Joe's other work out.

Action, Nothing Happens Until Something Moves by Robert Ringer - Ringer is the author of the legendary "Winning Through Intimidation" and has written a great book about mastering the basics that lead to success.

Turbulence Training by Craig Ballantyne - Craig is the best fat loss expert in the business. I was needing to drop a few pounds after hammering away at the keyboard and enjoying all the food vacation brings with it. I followed Craig's plan and dropped 10.5 lbs in 28 days.

Fitness Riches by a bunch of successful fitness professionals (including me :)) - I've read it five times not counting the editing I did and learn something new each time. I'm not sure if that means I need to read a little better or there's a ton of information. I'll go with the latter. It's hands down the best fitness business book ever put together. In spite of the editor.

What I'm currently reading:

Power of An Hour: Business and Life Mastery in One Hour A Week by Dave Lakhani - I first heard about this book for Joe Vitale and actually exchanged e-mails with Dave a few times. Seems like a great guy and what I've read of the book so far is outstanding. I'll keep you posted.

Rule #1: The Simple Strategy for Successful Investing in Only 15 Minutes a Week! by Phil Town - I saw Town at one of those Peter Lowe seminars and liked his presetation so I picked up the book. I like his simplistic approach. I'll keep you posted on this as well.

Up Next:

Strength and Conditioning Interrogations Manual by 21 of the leading experts in the S&C field today - I can't wait to dive into this. Honestly, I'd buy anything ANY of these guys write so if I can get them all together - all the better. You can get it at www.alwyncosgrove.com.

Waiting for Your Cat to Bark?: Persuading Customers When They Ignore Marketing by the Eisenberg brothers - These guys won me over when they sent me a free copy. I purchased their first book, Call To Action, during a promo to get them on a bestseller list so they comped me this when it came out. Looks interesting. If it's anything like their first book I'm sure it will be good.

Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestion of books I should check out.

Later.